2868 miles in 2017, 300 more than in 2016, and more than any other year for which I kept records. 100 rides, 15 more than 2016. But, only 700 more feet in elevation. So, more rides, over shorter distances with fewer hills. Lots of rides to Locks, Sunset Hill, Golden Gardens — a staple and a favorite.
Rides to remember—>
- New 520 bridge. Game changer, route changer, easy access to Eastside, where there are better bike lines, longer segments and fewer stops.
- STP - Faster times than in previous several years, rode train back to Seattle. Staying at EconoLodge is old. We’ll put a big 'we’ll see' on 2018. But Cascade says I’ve done nine of these, including 3 in a row, so there’s some momentum there to continue
- GR2R - 1st one was wet and cold and we had a few rain outs along the way. But we had a big turn out of new riders and Cascade RLs. Successful series, and I'm organizing the 2018 editionl
- Chilly Hilly - Signed up but didn’t ride - too wet, cold, and windy for me.
- Snohomish County rides with Dorothe, Cheryl F, Larry, et al. Thoroughly enjoyed when I rode, especially the ride through Tulalip and farmland.
- Completed the coffeeneuring challenge.
- Bike share rides in Tampa, Austin, and even Seattle, plus excursions in Key West and the Bahamas.
- Scouted and began rides out of EdCC in SnoCo for exercise during the day. Want to do more of those in 2018, including some more commuting.
- Mid week Less Hills rides during daylight savings time.
- CTS - I got burned out on this. Ride leader work, rules and roles, waiting for the slow riders, etc., all served to make me grumpy about this, which I've done for several years.
Goals for 2018? Keep pedaling and enjoy the ride!