Monday, January 21, 2008

Half-lake Loop

Cold Sunday a.m. and a 37 mile counter-clockwise loop around the north-end of Lake Washington. BGT, where I saw a bald eagle in a tree, through Bothell and Kenmore, down to Kirkland, where I stopped for espresso.

Back on the bike, through Bellevue, across I-90 to Mercer Island and Leschi, and then back up Lake Wa Blvd to home.

Here's the route...


It's a good one, a good training ride, and worthy of a repeat to get ready for Chilly Hilly and beyond.

Two things I could have done to improve...

1. Wear the Sugoi Booties to keep the toes warm on these cold rides.

2. Start and end at Prorobics! This avoids the hill climb home at the end, and allows me to use the sauna at the end of the ride!

Took the Lemond into Recycled Cycles today for the annual breakdown and tune up. New chain, rear cassette (11-26, not the 12-27 I've been riding), tires and tubes, brake pads and cables, general clean up.

No comments: