Saturday, January 12, 2008

Odds and Ends

First, my lovely and talented sister-in-law has started a blog about her husband Tony's health. In one of her posts, she credits yours truly for sending her a meditative blessing, which I link to here. This is grace and style at its apex.

Watched the the Maverick's Big Wave Contest today, broadcast from MySpace, after learning about it at SFGate.com. Was amazed by the videos of the 100-foot waves. These guys are crazy.

While surfing through the Bike Blogs, I went from Kent's to Jacquie Phelan's to find the Undercover Economist. Valuable research and a common thread of intelligence and sensible living.

In that light, instead of driving Brownie to the dog park for a walk today, I walked down the hill, and made it to the dog beach in about a half an hour. Much better exercise for me and for my Brown friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Mav's pointer. Hadn't seen that 100' Wednesday action. Insane!